The Earth Skills Correspondence Course is a ten block course that leads students through the skills of wilderness survival, in your own bioregion. It emphasizes the mastery of shelter, water, fire, camp skills, plants and trees, cooking, safety & hazards, attitude & philosophy and instructor training. Ricardo Sierra mentors the course through e-mail, this blog and a private Facebook Group, and students are self-guided. The course provides a wealth of skills and a powerful foundation from which to build and grow in any personal or wilderness study direction.
Get more information about this learning tool here: The Earth Skills Correspondence Course

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Earth Skills Infusion: Tools for Connection


 Well, the Seven Day Earth Skills Infusion is here and underway, so I thought I would post the video I made to get people excited about it, and also post the first guided meditation I made for anyone who wants to 'infuse' their skills with clarity, purpose, relaxation, centering or just be really, really laid back!

Here is the link:   Ricardo Sierra's Guided Meditation

I made this recording so it can be downloaded, so you should be able to download it to your mobile devices!
For some reason, this picture just
makes me think of deep
relaxation.
I took it last week out my
window on the plane as it was
about to land in Tampa, FL.
(I was changing flights!)

You can also listen to it on my website here:   The Natural Advantage

I will be making another one pretty soon, and I will post it as well.

My study this week is about plants that I have around me that I don't really know all that well, or never identified, so I wanted to learn them better.   So, I will be posting some of the things I have been learning about them, as well as some pictures I took of them too, so you can learn too!

Anyway, hope you are all excited and doing some kind of skill or nature activity when you can!

And join our Facebook group if you want to see what everyone else is practicing and learning!

Have a great week!

Ricardo

No comments: